A few days ago Canon released firmware version 2.0.4 for the Canon 5D Mark II. This came a few days after they released 2.0.3 which had some issues around sound recording for video.
The key features of 2.0.4 are:
- Adds or changes a number of movie frame rates
- Adds a function for manually adjusting the sound recording level (64 levels).
- Adds a histogram display (brightness or RGB) for shooting movies in manual exposure.
- Adds shutter-priority AE mode (Tv) and aperture-priority AE (Av) mode to the exposure modes for shooting movies.
- Changes the audio sampling frequency from 44.1 KHz to 48 KHz.
- Fixes a phenomenon where communication between the camera and the attached lens is sometimes interrupted after manual sensor cleaning.
I upgraded my firmware in less than 5 minutes. While most of the features are behind the scenes, the sound level adjustment is nice.